Essity, manufacturer of the Tork range of hygiene products, is dedicated to delivering urgent supplies and helping to protect the vulnerable during the COVID-19 crisis. The company has streamlined its output and is now focusing on manufacturing those items that are in greatest demand, while working hard to safeguard the health of its employees and customers.
In this new reality we live in, Essity’s priority is that we all stay safe to carry on. This means going the extra mile to work together, supporting those people working on the frontlines.
Essity has donated $200,000 to the United Nations Foundation to support the World Health Organization's work to prevent, detect, and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as finding a vaccine. Through working with the Private Organizations for Patient Safety (POPS) and local governments, Essity is prioritising the supply of products to healthcare customers.
Alongside these global contributions, Essity is supporting hospitals and healthcare in many countries with a number of new initiatives:
- In the UK, Essity has donated 100,000 toilet rolls and household towels to the product charity In Kind Direct, which distributes new, donated consumer goods from manufacturers and retailers to over 5,000 charities and community groups across the UK.
- Essity’s Swedish R&D department has been able to start producing face masks for visitors and, in collaboration with the Swedish government, is now able to make a higher-grade mask that will be used in healthcare. The ambition is to initially produce three million surgical masks, with the first million being donated by Essity.
- In Italy, Essity has donated 51,600 items of Personal Protective Equipment – including masks, gloves and glasses – to support local hospitals.
- Close to 17,000 rolls of Tork paper rolls have been donated to the American Red Cross, as well as to Albany-based Living Resources, an agency that provides housing and other essentials to people with disabilities.
- 44 pallets of baby diapers and feminine protection products have been sent to help refugee communities in Lesvos, Greece.
Essity’s Tork brand has uploaded information about protecting yourself and others from COVID-19 on its Tork website. To find out more about keeping safe to carry on, visit: https://www.tork.co.uk/torkcampaigns/corona-virus